Will there be first aid available?
Yes. St John Ambulance provide the first aid cover at this event. They have a first aid point located next to the funfair and also offer a roaming presence around the event.
Is there a lost children point?
Yes. The lost children point is located to the right of the steps leading up to Ice Sheffield and will be marked with a lost children sign.
What do I do if I’ve found an item of lost property or if I’ve lost something?
There is a lost property point alongside the lost children point. If you find, or have lost, any items please go to the stewards there to enquire.
Are there any baby changing facilities at the event?
Yes, these are located in the disabled toilets.
Can I bring any fireworks/sparklers to After Dark?
NO. NO FIREWORKS OR SPARKLERS ARE TO BE BROUGHT INTO AFTER DARK.
Any found will be confiscated at the gate and not returned upon exit.
Is there a bar at the event?
There isn’t a bar inside the event.
If you are wanting a drink before or after the event the bar at Ice Sheffield will be open for the usual opening hours.
Is alcohol allowed at After Dark?
ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED WITHIN THE EVENT. NO ALCOHOL IS TO BE BROUGHT ON SITE
Can I leave the event and re-enter?
No. After leaving the event visitors will not be allowed re-entry without purchasing a new ticket.
Where are the nearest cash machines?
There are cash machines inside the event.
There are also cash machines located nearby:
Inside Ice Sheffield
Across the road at Natwest (Attercliffe Road)
Barclays (Arena Square)
What shall I wear?
We recommend wearing flat, waterproof and comfortable shoes or wellies. Make sure you wrap up warm for the November temperatures!
Umbrellas are allowed in the event but please be considerate to other guests.
What happens if it rains?
The event will go ahead in the event of bad weather. The event will only be cancelled if the weather conditions are considered dangerous by the Event Safety Officer. Please check the weather forecast in advance and be prepared for a British Autumn evening! Visitors accept the risk that weather they consider unsatisfactory may occur on the event day and acknowledge that tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless the event is cancelled by the organisers. In the unlikely event that the event is cancelled, we will aim to give as much notice as possible, so please keep an eye out for information on the website and social media.
Can I bring a bag into the event?
Although it is best for everyone if you leave your bags at home, we will allow handbags and other small bags (no larger than an A4 size) into the venue. With this being a green space there are no locker facilities available. Please keep the number of personal belongings you bring with you to an absolute minimum. Any items you bring to the event may be subject to additional searches and slow your entry to the venue and may, in some cases, prevent your entry.
Customers may be searched before they are allowed access to the venue. The additional security procedures may slow entry to the venue and we advise that everyone arrives as close to the doors open time as possible.
What access is there for the disabled?
We want After Dark to be an event that everyone can enjoy so we try our best to make the green field site as accessible as we can. Although there are some areas of paved ground there is also a lot of grass which can make conditions potentially difficult in adverse weather. We try to prepare for all conditions taking into account that this is a designated park site. We ask that you prepare too. Please consider these conditions when deciding what facilities you may need and what equipment you need to bring.
There is ramp access into the bowl.
Disabled access toilets are provided within the event.
Where are the disabled parking facilities?
There are disabled parking facilities at Ice Sheffield and ramp access into the bowl. Disabled parking is also available at Sheffield Arena.
The disabled parking spaces at the Arena can be booked in advance by calling their box office on 0114 256 56 56. For more information on parking at the Arena please visit their website by clicking here.
I am disabled, can I reserve a seat or space for viewing the fireworks?
The fireworks are of such a scale that they can be seen from all points in the bowl. There are no fixed seating or standing areas so there is no facility to reserve a space.
When I arrive at the venue which entrance is best for people with a disability?
All entrances are accessible but we recommend the entrance on Terry Street nearest Ice Sheffield.
I would like to bring my carer with me, do you offer carer tickets?
An official carer will be issued with a ticket free of charge when accompanying a full paying child or adult (one free carer per child or adult, normal admission charges apply to any additional carers). Carer tickets must be obtained in advance of the event. To apply for a carer ticket please email email@example.com or write to After Dark Fireworks Ltd, 49 Moorbank Road, Sheffield, S10 5TQ sending a copy of proof of entitlement e.g. ID from Care Home/Employer, Care Allowance Claim Letter or bus pass for disabled which states ‘Plus One’ or Travel South Yorkshire’s travel pass with a ‘Plus C’ logo.
Carer tickets will not be available to obtain at the gate on the night of the event.
Are Assistance Dogs allowed into the event?
Yes. Please be mindful that fireworks by their nature can be noisy and may startle dogs.
No other animals are allowed into the event.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Ticket terms & conditions of sale
All tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions of After Dark Fireworks Ltd (company number 8467758) (“we” / “us” / “our”) as set out below.
Full terms and conditions are available below.
- Please check your tickets carefully upon receipt and contact TICKETsrv immediately if there is a mistake, as tickets cannot be refunded after their purchase.
- The event will go ahead in the event of bad weather. The event will only be cancelled if the weather conditions are considered dangerous by the Event Safety Officer. Visitors accept the risk that weather they consider unsatisfactory may occur on the event day and acknowledge that tickets will not be exchanged or refunded unless the event is cancelled by the Management.
- Save as provided above, we shall not be liable to any ticket holder if and to the extent that any failure or omission by us results from any event beyond our reasonable control such as, but not limited to, war, acts of terrorism, civil disturbance, any order or act of a governmental or regulatory body, fire, flood, severe adverse weather conditions, labour dispute, lock-out, disease, epidemic or other circumstances concerning healthcare or well-being of humans.
- A valid ticket must be produced to enter the event. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate the ticket. Tickets are valid for one admission only, upon scanning or removal of the stub they will become invalid for re-admission.
- The re-sale of this ticket for commercial gain without express permission from us will make this ticket void. Customers should be aware that tickets sold from unofficial sources may not be valid.
- We reserve the right to conduct security searches. We reserve the right to refuse admission to, or eject, the ticket holder if the ticket holder refuses to be searched, fails to comply with the reasonable request of the Event Safety Officer, or in our reasonable opinion, admission of the holder to the venue might be a risk to the safety of the audience or the holder, or affect the enjoyment of the audience or the running of the event (for example if the holder appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is acting aggressively or anti-socially). No refunds will be offered to customers in these circumstances.
- No food, cans, bottles or alcohol may be brought into the venue. Only food and drink purchased in the venue may be consumed in the venue, except in limited circumstances on proven medical grounds.
- No illegal substances, legal highs, pyrotechnic articles, lasers, selfie sticks, weapons or offensive items may be brought into the venue. Only handbags and other small bags (no rucksacks or bags larger than A4 size) and handbag sized umbrellas are allowed in the venue. No lockers or cloakroom facilities are available at the venue and we reserve the right to confiscate any prohibited items.
- If you experience problems please contact a steward, so that the issue can be resolved prior to, or during, the event.
- As members of the audience, ticket holders consent to being photographed, filmed and/or sound recorded for broadcast and/or publication, without payment.
- We accept liability for: (a) the injury to or death of person caused by our negligence and/or the negligence of our employees, agents or sub-contractors; (b) any other matters which we cannot by law restrict or exclude.
- Subject to clause 11, we will not be liable to you by way of representation (unless fraudulent), common law duty or under any express or implied term of the contract for: (a) any losses or damages which are not foreseeable by the parties when the contract to which this ticket relates is formed arising in connection with the event to which this ticket relates; (b) any losses which are not caused by any breach by us; (c) business or trade losses (including, without limitation, loss of profits); (d) losses or damages caused by events beyond our reasonable control. We shall not be liable for the quality of the sound and/or performance of any event where we do not have control over the same.
- In the case of any negligence by us, our employees, agents or sub-contractors (but not any other third party) causing loss or damage to personal property, our liability shall be limited to the reasonable cost of either replacing or repairing such property subject to fair wear and tear.
- Animals are not permitted in the venue (except Assistance Dogs).
- Please note strobe lighting, show smoke, pyrotechnics, foam or lasers may be used during events. Sound levels may be loud.
- Tickets are sold subject to our right to alter the artist line up or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond the control of us without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
Terms of website use
This site is operated by After Dark Fireworks Limited (“ADFL”).
Third Party Links
Links to third party websites on our site are provided solely for your information and convenience. Please be aware that clicking on these links will cause you to leave our site. ADFL does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. ADFL therefore does not endorse these sites, or any material/information found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked on our site, you do so at your own risk.
ADFL is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on the Website. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by ADFL or its licensors.
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and ADFL reserves the right to withdraw or amend the ticketing service provided on this Website without notice.
While ADFL endeavours to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours a day, ADFL shall not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond ADFL’s control.
Viruses, Hacking and Other Offences
You must not misuse our site by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, keyloggers or any other material which is malicious or harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which it is hosted or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
If you breach the above paragraph, you would be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. ADFL will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
ADFL will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or on any website linked to it.
While ADFL endeavours to ensure that the information on this Website is correct, ADFL does not guarantee the accuracy and completeness of the material on this Website. ADFL may make changes to the material on this Website, or to the details of events and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, and ADFL makes no commitment to update such material.
Comments and Concerns
If you have any concerns about the material which appears on this Website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.